Homemade pork and prawn dumplings
This takeaway favourite is something everyone should tick off their kitchen bucket list! Whether you liked them steamed or pan fried, these homemade pork and prawn dumplings are juicy, and full of fragrant flavours that everyone will love.
- 200g pork mince
- 100g prawn meat, diced
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp + 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp + ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 20-24 dumpling wrappers
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- In a bowl, combine the pork mince, diced prawn meat, chives, ginger, sesame oil, soy and fish sauce. Mix well until fully incorporated.
- Take one dumpling wrapper, and use your finger to wet the edges with water. Take 1 heaped teaspoon of filling and place in the center of the wrapper, and fold or stick together as desired.
- To steam, place in a bamboo steamer over simmering water, and steam for 6-8 minutes or until cooked through.
- To pan fry, place a non stick frying pan over a medium heat. Drizzle with oil, then arrange the dumplings into the pan. Fill with water until the level reaches halfway up the dumpling. Bring to a boil, then cover with a lid and leave to steam for 3-4 minutes. Remove the lid, and cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until the water has evaporated and the dumpling bases and golden.
- To make the dipping sauce, stir together the remaining sesame oil, soy sauce and sliced spring onion. Serve immediately, or freeze the uncooked dumplings on a lined tray then package into a container.