Potato corn fritters
"This is a great way to use up leftover new potatoes and corn on the cob. The batter will seem very thick, and will just be enough to hold the fritters together. You may need to add more flour or milk depending on the size of your egg and the moisture of the corn (canned or off the cob)."
- 4 Medium waxy potatoes boiled (350g)
- 1 can corn kernels, well drained
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 Egg
- 2 spring onions
- Splodge sweet chilli sauce
- Salt & pepper
- Grape seed oil
- The potatoes must be cold. Peel and dice them into small cubes.
- Finely slice the spring onions (or you can use chives, parsely... whatever you have).
- Mix the flour baking powder salt & pepper and egg into a very thick batter, add spring onions, sweet chilli sauce and potatoes.
- Fry in a little grape seed oil until golden.
- They are great served with sour cream mixed with sweet chilli sauce.