- Juice of 2 lemons + lemon wedges, to serve
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- ½ cup tahini
- ¼ cup ice cold water
- 400g tinned chickpeas, drained
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- Olive oil
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ red onion, finely sliced
- 50g feta cheese
- ¼ cup fresh mint, roughly chopped
- ½ cup roasted chickpeas, optional
- 4 Pams Pita Bread; garlic or plain, toasted
- In a small bowl, stir together the lemon juice and garlic and leave to sit for 5 minutes*.
- In a food processor, blend the lemon and garlic with the tahini until smooth. Leave running on a low speed, and stream in the cold water until incorporated. Add the chickpeas, paprika, cumin and seasoning, blending until smooth and fluffy. Stream in 1 Tbsp olive oil while processing. Taste and season further if required.
- On a large serving board, spread the hummus along one side. Scatter over the tomatoes, red onion, feta and mint, then drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle over the roasted chickpeas (optional) then quarter the pita breads and line up alongside the hummus.
- In a hot pan, lightly char the lemon halves and squeeze over the hummus to serve.