Mini bacon and asparagus quiches
These mini bacon, asparagus and feta quiches are perfect for lunches, picnics and potluck dinners! If you can’t find asparagus, swap for finely chopped broccoli or spinach for an equally delicious outcome.
- Lunch box
- 4 rashers streaky bacon, diced
- Olive oil
- ¼ brown onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 3cm chunks
- 3-4 sheets Pams savoury pastry sheets, chilled
- 2 Tbsp chopped chives or parsley
- 50g feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup cream
- Additional feta and chives, to garnish
- Bring a frying pan to a medium heat, then add the bacon and a drizzle of olive oil. Cook while stirring occasionally for 3-4 minutes or until the bacon begins to turn golden and crisp.
- Add the onion and garlic to the bacon, and cook for a further 1-2 minutes or until the onion begins to soften. Follow with the asparagus chunks, and cook for a final minute to allow the asparagus to cook slightly. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius fan bake. Lightly grease a 12-hole muffin tray with olive oil. Cut appropriate sized circles from the pastry sheets, and press into each cavity.
- Spoon the cooled bacon mixture evenly into each quiche case. Top evenly with chopped chives and crumbled feta cheese.
- In a large measuring jug, whisk together the eggs and cream with salt and pepper. Pour evenly over the quiches, then place into the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes or until the pastry is golden and the egg has set.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 15 minutes before serving warm, or leave to cool completely and store refrigerated in an airtight container. Garnish with chopped chives and crumbled feta if desired.