Scorched almond bliss balls
Bliss balls after the perfect bite-sized snack for those times you need a pick me up throughout the day! These scorched almond inspired bliss balls are deliciously decadent, while remaining a healthier treat for those moments you need something a little sweet.
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup ground almonds
- ¼ cup good quality cocoa powder, plus extra for rolling
- 12 medjool dates, soaked in warm water
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 15-16 whole almonds
- In a food processor, pulse the cashews until finely chopped. Add the ground almonds, cocoa powder, soaked dates, vanilla and maple syrup with a pinch of salt.
- Pulse the ingredients until a smooth, sticky mixture forms. If the mixture looks too dry, add a splash of water until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Use slightly wet hands to roll the mixture into balls, pressing a singular almond into the center and rolling into a smooth ball. Once smooth, roll in additional cocoa powder if desired.
- Place the bliss balls onto a lined tray, and place into the fridge and allow to set for around 2 hours or until firm. Once set, enjoy or keep stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.