Smoky paprika and eggplant dip
Lusciously creamy and full of flavour, this smoky paprika and eggplant dip is an entertainer’s dream! Easy to bring together and packed with vibrant colours, this dip is best served with crispy pita chips for the ultimate ‘chip and dip’ combination.
- 2 eggplants, halved lengthways
- Pams Olive oil
- 4 Pams pita breads, cut into triangles
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp sesame oil
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup thick Greek yoghurt
- 2tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 100g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Chopped mint and parsley, to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees celsius fan bake. Using a sharp knife, crosshatch the eggplant flesh then place onto a lined baking tray.
- Drizzle with olive oil, then season with salt and pepper and place skin side down. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the flesh is tender. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Lay the pita triangles on a separate tray, and drizzle generously with olive oil and season. Bake for 7-10 minutes, turning once, until golden brown and crispy. Set aside.
- Once cool enough to handle, scoop the flesh of the eggplant into a food processor. Add the garlic, paprika, cumin, sesame oil and lemon juice, then blend until smooth.
- While the processor is running on a low speed, slowly stream in 2 Tbsp of olive oil until emulsified. Add the yoghurt, and pulse for a couple of seconds. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then transfer to a serving bowl.
- Top the dip with cherry tomatoes, chopped herbs and lemon zest. Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the top, then drizzle with olive oil and serve alongside the baked pita chips.