- 200g feta cheese
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Olive oil
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 300g vine tomatoes
- 1tsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 8 slices toasted sourdough, ciabatta or your choice of bread
- 1 garlic clove, cut in half
- Fresh basil, to serve
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees celsius fan bake. Using an electric beater or stand mixer, beat together the feta, sour cream, lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil until light and fluffy.
- Season the whipped feta with salt and pepper to taste, then cover and place into the fridge while preparing the bruschetta.
- In a bowl, combine the cherry and vine tomatoes, dried oregano, red wine vinegar, a drizzle of olive oil and seasoning with salt and pepper. Toss to coat, then transfer to a roasting dish.
- Scatter over the thyme sprigs. Place into the oven and roast for 7-10 minutes, or until the skins have blistered and the tomatoes have caramelised. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- To assemble the bruschetta, rub the garlic clove over the toasted bread, then spread whipped feta generously over each slice. Top with the warm roasted tomatoes, then drizzle with olive oil and garnish with fresh basil. Serve and enjoy.