Chicken and herb meatball soup
Packed with natural wheat bran fibre, adding a little All-Bran® to your favourite recipes is an easy way to help get the fibre you need, deliciously. Just one tablespoon of All-Bran® Original provides 7% of your daily fibre needs. With these recipes you’ll see just how versatile this simple breakfast cereal can be.
*One 45g serve of All-Bran® Original provides 42% of your daily fibre needs.
© 2017 Kellogg Company. ® Registered trade marks Kellogg (Aust) Pty Ltd authorised user.
- 60g (3/4 cup) All-Bran® Original
- 350g lean chicken breast mince
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus extra to garnish
- 1 tbsp finely chopped basil
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled, diced
- 1 stick celery, diced
- 1.5 litres (6 cups) salt reduced chicken stock
- 65g (1/3 cup) long grain rice
- 200g (1 cup) fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 150g green beans, trimmed, sliced into 2cm pieces
- Finely grated lemon zest, to garnish
- To make the meatballs, place All-Bran® Original in a food processor and process until coarse crumbs. Place the All-Bran® Original, the chicken mince, 1 clove of the garlic, the parsley, basil and egg in a large bowl. Using clean hands, mix all ingredients until well combined. Using slightly wet hands, take heaped teaspoons of the mixture and roll into balls. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Cook the onion, carrot and celery, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the remaining garlic, cook for 1 minute more. Add stock, bring to the boil. Add rice, simmer for 10 minutes or until almost tender.
- Add the corn and beans, simmer for 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to low, add the meatballs in batches and simmer gently for 3-4 minutes or until just cooked through and they float on the surface.
Serve garnished with extra chopped parsley and grated lemon zest.