- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 heaped teaspoons Moroccan seasoning
- 1 heaped teaspoon ground cumin
- 800g chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 750ml chicken stock
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 chargrilled red capsicum (can be brought in jars at supermarket)
- rind and juice of 1 lemon
- handful chopped coriander
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and gently fry the onion and garlic until soft.
- Stir in the spices, and add the tomatoes, sugar, stock, potato, and chickpeas.
- Simmer gently for 15-20 minutes until the potato is cooked.
- Add the capsicum, lemon juice, rind, and corriander.
- Serve hot with some crusty ciabatta bread for dunking.