Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Biscuits
Have a go at making these Edmonds Crunchie Choc Chip Cookies. And even better...they are gluten free. Perfect lunch box treat!
- 125g butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1½ cups Edmonds Gluten Free Self Raising Flour
- 2 teaspoons water
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC conventional or 160ºC fan-forced and grease or line an oven tray with baking paper.
2. Beat butter, vanilla essence, sugar and egg yolk in a small bowl with electric mixer on low speed for 4 minutes until smooth. Add in sifted flour, water and chocolate chips then mix with a wooden spoon to make a soft dough.
3. Roll 1½ teaspoons of mixture into balls or divide dough into required number of biscuits.
4. Place balls approx 5cm apart on prepared oven tray.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until browned lightly. Leave on tray for 5 minutes then place on a wire rack to cool.