Roast turkey with apricot and orange stuffing and cranberry port sauce
Instead of traditional gravy, serve your turkey with rich, festive Cranberry Port Sauce!
- 1 Tegel Size 6 Turkey (fresh or frozen, thawed)
- 200g pack dried apricots (chopped)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp grated orange rind
- 2 onions (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 3 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 375g jar whole cranberry sauce (port Sauce)
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced (port Sauce)
- 1/2 cup orange juice (port Sauce)
- 1 tbsp sugar (port Sauce)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (port Sauce)
- 1/2 cup port or sherry (port Sauce)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper (port Sauce)
- Soak chopped apricots in orange juice for 10 minutes. Lightly beat egg. Mix all ingredients together. Add salt and pepper to season. Spoon stuffing into the turkey cavity. Close the cavity with skewers and cook according to pack directions.
- To prepare the cranberry port sauce, heat a non-stick fry pan and lightly simmer all ingredients for 5 – 10 minutes, stirring gently until combined. Serve warm with sliced turkey.