- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Gregg's Ground Smoked Paprika
- 400g can Wattie’s Chickpeas in Springwater, drained
- 450g can Wattie's Sliced Beetroot, drained
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 100g creamy feta, crumbled (omit for dairy free)
- 4 burger buns, cut in half and toasted
Toppings of your choice:
- Rocket leaves
- Wattie's Sliced Beetroot
- HEINZ [SERIOUSLY] GOOD™ Original Mayonnaise
- Heat a dash of oil in a frying pan and sauté the onion over low heat until soft. Add the Gregg's Ground Smoked Paprika and stir until fragrant. Remove from the heat.
- Place the drained Wattie’s Chickpeas in a food processor and process until they are well mashed.* Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Finely chop ½ the can of Wattie’s Sliced Beetroot and add to the chickpeas with the onion mixture, parsley and crumbled feta. Mix well then form into patties.** Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Heat a little oil in the frying pan. Cook the patties over medium–low heat for 3–4 minutes on each side or until golden and hot.
- Serve in toasted buns with toppings of your choice: rocket leaves, avocado, the remaining Wattie’s Sliced Beetroot and HEINZ [SERIOUSLY] GOOD™ Original Mayonnaise.
*Make sure the chickpeas are well drained before processing. Process well to ensure chickpeas are mashed so they will bind with other ingredients to form firm patties.
**If you find your mixture is too wet, add a little chickpea flour or plain flour before forming into patties.