- Pastry flan case:
- 225g Plain Flour
- 100g Butter
- 2 tbsp of water
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 25g butter
- 2 different coloured peppers
- 1 large red onion
- 6 jalapeño chilies
- 5 eggs
- 100g creamy blue cheese
- 1 cup of milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix flour and salt in a bowl and add the softened butter and rub between fingers until fine. Then add the water and knead in to dough.
- Roll out the pastry and line the 23cm flan dish.
- Blind bake for 15 minutes on 150 C.
- Clean and roughly chop the Onion and Peppers into bite size chunks.
- Clean and finely chop the chillies.
- Melt the 25g of butter in a frying pan and gently cook, for 5 minutes, the chopped onions, peppers and chillies.
- Beat the eggs with the cup of milk and add salt and pepper to taste.
- When the Flan is ready line the pastry with the onions, peppers and chillies and crumble the blue cheese over the top.
- Pour the egg mixture in to the Flan.
- Bake in the centre of the oven on 150C for 50 minutes.