Cannellini bean and preserved lemon salad
Tangy and full of flavour, this is best served with grilled meat or simply as a vegetarian snack with fresh crusty bread.
- 1 x 400 gram-can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup baby capers, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup olive oil (extra virgin is nice)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 spring onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 4 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- ½ preserved lemon (pith and flesh removed), finely chopped
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 cup parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- Dry the beans and capers on paper towel and place in a bowl.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except the herbs, toss gently to mix, cover and chill for an hour. Stir through the fresh herbs just prior to serving.