Corn and broccoli fritter bites
Looking for a tasty lunch box filler? These corn and broccoli fritter bites will be enjoyed by children and adults alike. The ideal hand held morsel, these quick and easy fritters can be made and frozen to take the hassle out of the morning rush!
- 410g tin corn kernels, drained
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ small broccoli, finely chopped
- Handful fresh parsley or basil leaves, finely chopped
- ¼ cup grated cheese
- 2 small or 1 large spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 cup self raising flour
- Rice bran oil
- Relish or sour cream, to serve (optional)
- In a food processor or blender, pulse half of the corn kernels and eggs until the corn is lightly pureed. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining corn kernels, chopped broccoli, herbs, cheese and spring onions to the egg mixture and stir until fully combined. Season with salt and pepper, then add the flour and mix until just combined; ensuring not to overmix.
- Bring a nonstick frying pan to a medium heat. Drizzle with oil, then once hot, dollop spoonfuls of batter into the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side (depending on size) or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Once all the fritters are cooked, enjoy warm or leave to cool before storing in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.