- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 large celery stalk, grated
- 1 large brown onion, grated
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 cans Diced Tomatoes with Chilli & Herb
- 1 can Lentils, drained and rinsed
- 350g dried spaghetti or fettuccine
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- Olive oil
- Add a splash of olive oil to a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the carrot, celery and onion and sauté for 7 minutes until the vegetables are soft, tender and beginning to caramelise.
- Add the garlic and sauté for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, lentils and a cup of water and season generously with salt and pepper. Bring the sauce to the boil and then reduce to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook the pasta as per packet instructions. Serve the bolognese over the spaghetti and top with the parmesan cheese.
This dish can easily be made vegan – just leave off the parmesan and make sure your pasta is vegan-friendly!