This soup is easy, tasty, nutritious and deliciously warming on a cold winter’s day. Serve with crusty bread rolls or cheese muffins.
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 Teaspoon garlic
- ¼ - ½ Teaspoon chilli powder
- 2 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 Teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 Teaspoon turmeric
- 4 cups stock (eg: chicken, vegetable, beef)
- ¾ cup red lentils
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 large kumara, diced
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan, add onion and cook until soft.
- Add garlic, chilli powder, cumin, coriander, turmeric, stock and red lentils and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add carrots, celery and kumara and cook until veges are tender.
- Puree ½ the soup then combine and serve.