Rustic autumn vegetable soup
Nothing is more comforting in the cooler months than a big bowl of soup, and this rustic autumn vegetable soup is the perfect seasonal transition! Nutritious, flavoursome and budget-friendly, this dish is a cold-weather winner.
- Pams olive oil
- 1 leek, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 tsp Pams crushed garlic
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 400g Pams diced tomatoes
- 1.5L vegetable or chicken stock
- ¼ green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 400g Pams cannellini beans, drained
- Place a large heavy-based pot over medium heat with a generous drizzle of olive oil. Add the leek, carrot, garlic and dried herbs to the pot, and sauté for 4-5 minutes or until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the fresh parsley, diced tomatoes and stock into the pot, then bring to a gentle simmer. Cover and cook for 10 minutes to allow the vegetables to soften.
- Remove the lid, and stir the cabbage and cannellini beans into the soup. Season with salt and pepper, then simmer for a final 10 minutes or until the cabbage is just tender.
- Ladle the soup into bowls, and serve while hot.
Skill level: easy
Garnish the soup with extra fresh parsley and a light sprinkle of grated parmesan, and serve with crusty fresh bread for a delicious pairing!