New World Kapiti
Store facilities and services
|Takeaway coffee||Online shopping|
10th Birthday Gift Card giveaway
Terms and conditions
1. Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these and any other applicable terms and conditions. This competition may have additional terms and conditions and wherever possible the additional terms and conditions will be posted at www.newworld.co.nz.
2. The Promoter of this competition is Young Supermarkets Limited (New World Kapiti).
3. The competition commences on 23 October 2023 and runs until close of trade on 29 October 2023 (Promotion Period).
4. You will receive one entry in the draw when you spend $30 or more in one transaction (excluding spend on Christmas Club deposits, gift cards, prepaid debit cards, travel card top ups, phone card top ups, tobacco products and New Zealand Lotteries tickets, service and bag fees for delivery and click and collect orders, and purchases paid for through charge accounts or purchases intended for wholesale or resale) during the Promotion Period instore at New World Kapiti (Eligible Purchase). Purchases made online or through the mobile app from New World Kapiti are not eligible.
5. When you make an Eligible Purchase you will be asked to provide your contact details. You must provide all requested information on your receipt and place it in the entry box at checkouts to go into the draw.
6. To avoid doubt, you will only receive one entry into the draw even if you spend more than $30 in a single transaction.
Eligibility to enter and to win a prize
7. To be eligible to enter this competition and win a prize:
(a) you cannot be a New World Kapiti or Foodstuffs North Island staff member;
(b) you must have made an Eligible Purchase;
(c) you must be 18 years of age or older. If a winner is under 18 years of age, at New World Kapiti’s sole discretion, their prize may be deferred to a parent or legal guardian who is 18 years of age or older, who may be asked to sign an acknowledgement of their agreement to these Terms and Conditions, or, the prize may be awarded to another winner;
(d) you must consent to New World Kapiti using your name, photo, hometown and image for publicity and promotional purposes (including the display of your name in store) and you must make yourself available for publicity photographs relating to the competition on request for no additional compensation.
Prizes and how winners will be selected
8. There following prizes are available to be won:
a. 10 x $1,000 New World Gift Cards
(each, a Prize).
9. The total prize pool is worth $10,000.
10. The prize winners will be drawn by New World Kapiti by 5/11/2023 by random selection from all eligible entries. Each of the 10 eligible winners drawn will win a $1000 New World Gift Card.
If prize becomes unavailable
11. Subject to any applicable law that cannot be excluded, New World Kapiti is not responsible or liable for any loss suffered by any entrant in the event that a prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond its control. In this event, New World Kapiti may substitute a prize of its choice.
12. Winners will be notified by New World Kapiti or its agent once a draw has been completed within 5 working days of the draw, via the contact details provided when entering the competition. In the event that a winner cannot be contacted within 7 working days of a draw occurring or if New World Kapiti determines that a winner is not eligible to participate in a draw the prize will be forfeited, a further draw will be conducted and the prize allocated to the new winner.
13. New World Kapiti is not responsible if a winner cannot be contacted following the draw due to incorrect or out of date contact details being provided, and any such winner will forfeit the prize to the next eligible winner, on these Terms and Conditions.
14. For collection in store, prize winner(s) must collect at the specified store. If prize winner(s) are unable to collect at that store, within the collection period stated, a further draw may be conducted and the prize allocated to a new winner.
15. Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or negotiable and are not redeemable for cash.
16. Winners can only be awarded one prize. If a winner is drawn for any additional prize, the prize will be forfeited, a further draw will be conducted and the prize allocated to the new winner.
Verifying compliance with these terms
17. New World Kapiti reserves the right to verify the identity of any entrant (including an entrant's identity, age, city/town of residence and place of employment) and to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry or refuse to award a prize where false or misleading details have been given by an entrant, or an entrant has behaved in a fraudulent or dishonest manner, or otherwise than in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Exclusion of liability
18. Subject to any applicable laws which cannot be excluded, New World Kapiti, Foodstuffs North Island Limited, their respective employees and agents will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature incurred or suffered by any person (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss or loss arising from negligence) arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with this competition or with winning, redeeming or benefiting from the prize.
19. In the event of a dispute concerning any aspect of the competition including eligibility the decision of New World Kapiti will be final. No correspondence concerning any decision made by New World Kapiti will be entered into.
20. New World Kapiti reserves the right to amend, suspend or terminate the competition and these Terms and Conditions at any time.
21. New World Gift Card terms and conditions also apply to all prizes. You can view these here.
23. Any questions regarding this competition or promotion contact New World Kapiti (Clayton Young, [email protected])
Save time, shop online.
Online shopping at New World
Catering, platters, gifts and more
Supporting our community