Banana Nut Bread
An old favourite with the added benefits of Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original.
- 1/2 cups plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/3 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original, plus 2 tbsp extra
- 1/3 cup chopped pitted dried dates
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sunflower oil
- 1/3 cup reduced fat milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large (about 1 cup mashed) ripe bananas, mashed
- Honey, to serve (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C or 160°C fan forced. Spray a 7cm deep, 10 x 21cm (base measurement) loaf tin with olive oil. Line base and two long sides with a piece of non-stick baking paper.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon into a large bowl. Add the sugar, All-Bran® Original, dates and half the walnuts, stir to combine.
3. Whisk together the eggs, oil, milk and vanilla, stir through the mashed banana. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined.
4. Spoon into prepared tin, smooth surface with back of a spoon. Sprinkle top with remaining walnuts and extra All-Bran® Original. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand in the tin for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool. Serve toasted with a drizzle of honey.