Easy banana cake
Here’s your new go-to banana cake recipe – super moist and easy to make. With the addition of orange, it’s a tasty twist on a classic!
- Lunch box
- 1 ½ cup self-raising flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup soft brown sugar, tightly packed
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ cup mashed ripe bananas (approx. 3 large bananas)
- Zest from ½ an orange
- Chocolate and Orange Frosting:
- 100g butter, softened
- 1 ½ cup icing sugar
- 2 Tbsp cocoa
- Juice from approx. ½ orange
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (bake). Grease and line the base of a 22cm cake tin with baking paper.
- Sift self-raising flour and baking soda into a mixing bowl. Stir in brown sugar. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add oil, beaten eggs, mashed bananas and orange zest. Mix to combine ingredients. Pour into prepared cake tin.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. Leave in the tin for 10 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool. When cold ice with chocolate and orange frosting.
Chocolate and Orange Frosting:
Cream the softened butter until pale. Beat in sifted icing sugar and cocoa adding enough orange juice until frosting is smooth and spreadable.