A classic Kiwi curry, this dish will proved popular with everyone. The curry and tomato relish give it a flavour family of all ages will love and it’s great served with rice.
View the method
- 700g stewing steak or diced beef
- 3 large onions, peeled and chopped
- 4 apples, diced
- 50g butter
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoon tomato relish
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/3 teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoon sultanas
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 900ml water or stock
Back to ingredients
- Melt butter and fry onions until soft.
- Add diced apples and beef, cook until brown.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 1.5 hours.
- Serve with rice.