Apple and blackberry bircher muesli
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and this apple and blackberry bircher muesli is a beautiful way to start any morning! Easy to prepare the night before, store this bircher muesli in the fridge for an easy ‘grab and go’ option throughout the week.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 300ml milk of your choice
- 1 apple, grated
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup thick Greek yoghurt
- Fresh or tinned apple, to garnish
- Handful of fresh blackberries
- 1 Tbsp chopped nuts of your choice
- Pinch of cinnamon, if desired
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the rolled oats, chia seeds, milk, grated apple, vanilla and maple syrup with a pinch of salt. Transfer to a container, cover, and place into the refrigerator to soak overnight.
- Once the bircher has soaked overnight and thickened, fold the yoghurt through until combined.
- Divide the bircher between two bowls or containers. Top with diced apple, blackberries, buts and a pinch of cinnamon. Serve cold and enjoy.