Pikelet sharing platter
Who doesn’t love a good old kiwi pikelet?! Here we turn the beloved pikelet into a beautiful (and cost-effective) platter, made for sharing. Perfect for breakfast or morning tea when entertaining or a fun family meal.
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups milk
- Jam of your choice
- Golden syrup
- Cubes of butter
- Whipped cream
- Mixed berries (we used strawberries and blueberries)
- In a large bowl, mix flour and salt. In a separate bowl, beat the egg and sugar together, then add milk. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well, until smooth.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil or knob of butter in a non-stick frying pan over medium to high heat. Spoon tablespoons of the mixture into the pan and flip the pikelets as they start to bubble, cooking until golden on both sides.
- Transfer onto a clean tea towel to cook while you cook the remaining mixture.
- Put the jam, golden syrup, butter and whipped cream each into small bowls and arrange on a large serving platter or board. Slice any large berries and arrange on the platter with the pikelets. Serve and enjoy!