Mexican chicken salad with lime dressing
A fresh, zesty salad inspired by the great tastes of Mexico. A great one for summer days.
- 4 large corn cobs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 300g Tegel Smokehouse Traditional Chicken Breast
- 2 large handfuls rocket
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup Pams extra virgin olive oil
- Juice from 1 lime
- Pams salt and freshly ground Pams black pepper
- Strip husks from the corn, brush with oil and then barbecue or cook on a hot plate until the corn starts to colour and get dark brown flecks.
- Remove the corn from the heat and when cool enough to handle scrape the kernels from the cob using the back of a heavy knife.
- Slice the chicken into bite size pieces and then combine on a large platter with the rocket, onion, tomatoes, corn, avocado and coriander.
- Drizzle with combined oil, lime juice and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.