Chocolate, almond and black cherry mud cake served with black cherry cream
"I created this dessert in my head using delicious kiwi ingredients and I tried it and it was so yummy. I know all you chocolate, almond and cherry lovers will adore this dessert and it won't surprise me if you have more than one slice. It's that yummy! Enjoy"
- 200g butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp of vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 block of Whittakers dark almond chocolate
- 1 can of Black cherrys or preferably 1 cup of chopped fresh black cherries
- 375mls whipped cream
- 1 Tbsp icing sugar
- Turn oven on bake to 190 - 200 degrees.
- In a bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat together eggs and mix well through the creamed mixture. Stir through vanilla essence.
- Sift together cocoa, flour and baking powder and fold gently into the creamed mixture until combined and no lumps.
- Pour in milk and fold through.
- Roughly chop 1/2 block of dark almond chocolate and 1/2 can or cup of black cherries and fold gently through the creamed mixture until combined.
- Line a cake tin with baking paper or lightly grease with butter and pour in cake batter, make sure the cake is flat and level on the top. If you want you can sprinkle on some chopped chocolate and chopped cherries.
- Place on the middle tray in the oven and bake at 190 -200 degrees.
- Whip together cream and icing sugar and fold through the left over chopped cherries.
- Serve on the side or on top of a slice of the cake with fresh chopped cherries and chocolate to garnish and a light snow fall of icing sugar.