Honey ice cream
This is one of my most favourite ice cream recipes. I was inspired by my aunt who used to make a honey and cream milkshake during hot Indian summers. Honey in ice cream is surprisingly delightful tasting. Once you share this ice cream with others, you will be getting requests for more!
- 1 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 cups cream
- 3 tsp caramel essence
- 2 egg yolks
- First mix both egg yolks, whole eggs and sugar.
- In a deep pan boil water, place a smaller vessel in the water, put the egg mixture and beat lightly and gradually until it's thick, shiny and smooth.
- Whip cream until soft peaks form and then add honey and caramel essence.
- Fold into the smooth shiny egg mixture and freeze for at least 6 hours.
- Serve with honey wafers on the side.