Store facilities and services
New World Opotiki Microwave prize draw T&Cs
Terms and conditions
1. Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these and any other applicable terms and conditions. This competition may have additional terms and conditions and wherever possible the additional terms and conditions will be posted at www.newworld.co.nz.
2. The Promoter of this competition is Rolls 4 Limited (New World Opotiki).
3. The competition commences on 22nd January 2024 and runs until close of trade on 4th February 2024 (Promotion Period).
4. You will receive a maximum of one entry per transaction in the draw when you purchase any flavour of 85g pack of Act II Microwave Popcorn during the Promotion Period instore at New World Opotiki (Eligible Purchase). Purchases made online or through the mobile app from New World Opotiki are not eligible. To avoid doubt, you will only receive one entry into the draw even if you purchase more than one Act II 85g pack of Microwave Popcorn in a single transaction.
5. When you make an Eligible Purchase you will be asked to provide your contact details. You must provide all requested information correctly on your receipt and place it in the entry box at checkouts during the Promotion Period to go into the draw.
Eligibility to enter and to win a prize
6. To be eligible to enter this competition and win a prize:
(a) you cannot be a New World Opotiki or Foodstuffs North Island staff member;
(b) you must have made an Eligible Purchase;
(c) you must be 18 years of age or older. If a winner is under 18 years of age, at New World Opotiki’s sole discretion, their prize may be:
(i) deferred to a parent or legal guardian who is 18 years of age or older, who may be asked to sign an acknowledgement of their agreement to these Terms and Conditions; or
(ii) the prize may be re-awarded to another winner;
(d) you must consent to New World Opotiki using your name, photo, hometown and image for publicity and promotional purposes (including the display of your name in store and on their social page) and you must make yourself available for publicity photographs relating to the competition on request for no additional compensation.
Prizes and how winners will be selected
7. There is 1 Russell Hobbs Microwave to be won (a Prize). The total prize is worth NZD $499.99.
8. The prize winner will be drawn by New World Opotiki by random selection from all eligible entries at the end of the Promotion Period.
If prize becomes unavailable
9. Subject to any applicable law that cannot be excluded, New World Opotiki is not responsible or liable for any loss suffered by any entrant in the event that a prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond its control. In this event, New World Opotiki may substitute a prize of its choice.
10. Winner(s) will be notified by New World Opotiki or its agent within 5 working days of the draw being completed, via the contact details provided when entering the competition. In the event that a winner cannot be contacted within 7 working days of a draw occurring or if New World Opotiki determines that a winner is not eligible to participate in a draw the prize will be forfeited, a further draw will be conducted and the prize allocated to the new winner.
11. New World Opotiki is not responsible if a winner cannot be contacted following the draw due to incorrect or out of date contact details being provided, and any such winner will forfeit the prize to the next eligible winner, on these Terms and Conditions.
12. The prize winner must collect the prize from New World Opotiki. If prize winner(s) are unable to collect at that store, within the collection period stated, a further draw may be conducted and the prize allocated to a new winner.
13. Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or negotiable and are not redeemable for cash.
14. Winners can only be awarded one prize. If a winner is drawn for any additional prize, the additional prize drawn will be forfeited, a further draw will be conducted and the prize re-allocated to the new winner.
Verifying compliance with these terms
15. New World Opotiki reserves the right to verify the identity of any entrant (including an entrant's identity, age, city/town of residence and place of employment) and to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry or refuse to award a prize where false or misleading details have been given by an entrant, or an entrant has behaved in a fraudulent or dishonest manner, or otherwise than in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Exclusion of liability
16. Subject to any applicable laws which cannot be excluded, New World Opotiki, Foodstuffs North Island Limited, their respective employees and agents will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature incurred or suffered by any person (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss or loss arising from negligence) arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with this competition or with winning, redeeming or benefiting from the prize
17. In the event of a dispute concerning any aspect of the competition including eligibility the decision of New World Opotiki will be final. No correspondence concerning any decision made by New World Opotiki will be entered into.
18. New World Opotiki reserves the right to amend, suspend or terminate the competition and these Terms and Conditions at any time.
20. Any questions regarding this competition or promotion contact New World Opotiki Hunter Davies 07 315 6723, ext. 711 [email protected].
Save time, shop online.
Online shopping at New World
Catering, platters, gifts and more
Supporting our community