Strawberry shortcake ice cream sandwiches
Looking for a quick dessert or summer treat that the kids will love? These easy to make, drool-worthy strawberry shortcake ice cream sandwiches look the part and taste it too. Best of all there’s minimal effort needed to create these delicious morsels!
- 250g shortbread biscuits
- 1L vanilla ice cream, softened
- 150g strawberries, hulled and diced
- 50g white chocolate, roughly chopped
- Freeze dried strawberries, optional
- Line a square cake tin liberally with plastic wrap or baking paper. Crumble half of the shortbread biscuits into the base, making sure to cover the base of the tin.
- Spoon the softened vanilla ice cream carefully over the cookies, then spread to cover the entirety of the base. Sprinkle the diced strawberries and chopped white chocolate over the ice cream and use a spoon to lightly press into the ice cream.
- Crumble the remaining biscuits over the ice cream, making sure to evenly cover the surface. Place into the freezer and leave to freeze for a minimum of 4 hours or until firmly set.
- Once set, cut the ice cream slab into your desired number of bars, then press one side in crushed freeze-dried strawberries if desired. Return and store the ice cream sandwiches in the freezer until needed, then serve and enjoy.