- 900g Chicken Drumsticks
- 500g Kumara
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1½ tsp Gregg’s Garlic Granules
- 1 tsp Gregg’s Sage
- 1 cup Living Parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 100g sesame seeds, toasted
- 200g De Winkle Plain Unsweetened Yoghurt
- 1 bag green beans, top and tail
- Also need: salt, pepper, olive oil
- Wine match: Villa Maria Cellar Selection Sauvignon Blanc 750ml
- Heat the oven to 180?C.
- Season the drumsticks and roast for 40 minutes or until cooked.
- In a large bowl, put the kumara, spring onion, 1 tsp garlic granules, sage, lemon juice, 1 tbs olive oil and ½ the parsley. Season well.
- Roast for 20 minutes, stirring a couple of times, until soft and glazed.
- Meanwhile make the sauce.
- Lightly toast the sesame seeds in a pan then grind/chop them with ½ tsp garlic granules until as close to a paste as you can get.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sesame seed mix, yoghurt, lemon zest and the remaining parsley (chopped more finely). Season well.
- Put some water onto boil and blanch the green beans.
- Serve altogether with a spoonful of yoghurt dressing each.
- Yams can replace kumara in this recipe.
- Unsweetened yoghurt is versatile. Use in scone and cake recipes.
- Make a yoghurt dip or mix 50/50 with cream in an ice cream recipe.
- Add honey for those who like sweetened yoghurt.