Satay noodle salad
This recipe is great eaten hot or cold. It’s perfect for dinner or as a tasty addition to the lunch box. You can tweak the sauce to your own taste by adding more or less of the ingredients. Swap the spinach for snow peas or blanched beans next time you make it.
- 3½ tbs Pic’s Peanut Butter
- 3 tbs Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 2 tbs Tasti Sesame Seeds, toasted and crushed
- 1½ - 2cm piece of ginger, chopped finely
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
- 2½ tbs Trident Chilli Sauce
- 210g Highmark Egg Noodles
- 250g white mushrooms, sliced
- 500g chicken tenderloins, cut in half
- 1 bag spinach, chopped
- ALSO NEED: salt, pepper, olive oil
- To make the satay sauce, whisk or blend the peanut butter with 4 tbsp hot water, soy sauce, sesame seeds, ginger, garlic and sweet chilli sauce. Set aside.
- Cook the egg noodles as per instructions on the packet, then drain and set aside in the pot, covered in cold water so they don’t stick together.
- Heat some oil in a pan and when really hot add the mushrooms. Cook until just soft remove from the heat and set aside.
- Heat a little more oil in the pan add the chicken and cook until cooked through.
- Add back in the mushrooms, along with the drained noodles and lastly the spinach to heat through. Add salt and pepper if needed.
- Before the spinach has wilted too much, mix the sauce through and serve.
- Add 2 tbs of sesame oil
- Make the sauce less sweet by using a hot chilli sauce
- This sauce works well with beef as well
- Wine match: Kim Crawford First Pick Chardonnay $8.99