Coastal lamb burger pitas
Not just your average burger – this version is created with a simple lamb mince patty, topped with a refreshing mix of mint, yoghurt and a crumble of blue cheese for added flavour. To finish off, serve in a warmed or toasted pita bread and dive in. Trust us, this recipe is easy, quick and big on flavour.
Wine Awards Top 50 Wine Match: Mission Estate Merlot Cabernet Sauvignon 2018
- 500g Coastal Lamb mince
- ½ cup fresh white breadcrumbs soaked in 3 tablespoons milk
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- pinch dried red chilli flakes
- 1 cup natural unsweetened yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons shredded mint leaves
- 4 pita breads
- 8 handfuls small salad leaves or shredded iceberg lettuce
- 100g blue cheese, crumbled
- Lamb: Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Season well and shape into 4 large patties. Heat a dash of oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat (or heat a barbecue plate until hot) and place the patties on. Cook for 16-18 minutes, turning and cooking the sides as well until they are cooked through.
- To serve: Mix together the yoghurt and mint. Soften pitas as per packet instructions or toast. Place salad leaves moistened with a little yoghurt and mint dressing into the pita, follow with the beef patty and a scattering of blue cheese. Serve with remaining yoghurt and mint dressing in a small bowl.