Lamb kofta pitas
Lamb koftas take humble mince to delicious new levels. Lightly flavoured with punchy harissa paste, these koftas sit perfectly amongst rocket, tangy cherry tomatoes and creamy cucumber yoghurt. Everyone will love this DIY dinner!
View the method
- 500g lamb mince
- 2 Tbsp harissa paste
- 1 Tbsp mixed herbs
- High heat cooking oil
- 4 pita breads, warmed or toasted
- 1 cup fresh rocket
- ¼ red onion, sliced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- ½ cup cucumber yoghurt
- Fresh mint, to serve
Back to ingredients
- In a bowl, combine the lamb mince, harissa paste, mixed herbs and seasoning. Mix well, and divide into 8-12 pieces. Shape into koftas with your hands, and set aside.
- Bring a pan to a medium high heat, and drizzle generously with oil. Cook the koftas for 4-6 minutes, or until dark golden brown and cooked through.
- To build, lay the pitas on plates. Top with the rocket, then with 2-3 koftas per pita. Scatter over the red onion and cherry tomatoes, then drizzle with yoghurt. Finish with fresh mint and seasoning.