It’s never been easier to feed the whānau!
This week one winter meal planner has five easy and tasty dinner recipes that can feed four people for under $100*. With ingredients that can easily be swapped to suit your tastes or what’s in season, a handy shopping list, and tips on using leftovers, there will be zero food waste at the end of the week.
Week one downloads
Tips for the week one meal plan
- We recommend cooking the sloppy joe before the shepherd’s pie as the mince mixture is shared between the two meals. Other than that you can cook the meals in any order you like.
- If cooking the sloppy joe later, store the buns in the freezer to maintain freshness and move into the fridge the night before to begin defrosting.
- Broccoli stalks can be eaten and are loaded with nutrients. We’ve used them this week’s recipes, just be sure to peel off the outer layer which can be tough and woody. If preferred, the broccoli stalk can be grated.
- When freezing leftovers label the container or storage bag with a date and name of the item to avoid any UFOs (unidentifiable frozen objects).
- There will be some leftover frozen green beans and peas this week, you can add more into the recipes or use in other dishes.
Some ingredients will be used across more than one meal in a week. These ingredients are all marked with a * so you know not to use all of the ingredient in one meal.