It’s never been easier to feed the whānau!
This week three winter meal planner has five easy and tasty dinner recipes that can feed four people for under $100*. With ingredients that can easily be swapped to suit your tastes or what’s in season, a handy shopping list, and tips on using leftovers, there will be zero food waste at the end of the week.
Week three downloads
Tips for the week three meal plan
- This week’s meals can be cooked in any order you like.
- The green part of a leek is edible, it just takes longer to cook so we recommend slicing it thinner than the white part of the leek, so they cook at similar times.
- Milk is used in this week’s recipe for the mac n cheese and is listed as a pantry staple.
- If following the cooking order, hamburgers are cooked at the end of the week. Store the buns in the freezer to maintain freshness and move into the fridge the night before to begin defrosting.
- Finely chopped mushrooms are included twice this week, you can either chop these by hand, or to save time, you can use a food processor.
- To save time you can cook the full packet of pasta when making the Bolognese and save half to use in the mac and cheese later in the week. To stop the pasta from sticking together drizzle 1 teaspoon of oil over the cooked pasta and toss to coat, then place in a sealed container in the fridge.
- There will be a little leftover frozen mixed vege mix, you can add more into the recipes or use in other dishes.
Some ingredients will be used across more than one meal in a week. These ingredients are all marked with a * so you know not to use all of the ingredient in one meal.