20 minute bacon and courgette pasta
Nothing is better than a meal ready in under 30 minutes, especially when it’s a comforting pasta dish. This bacon, courgette and lemon pasta is zesty and light, with a few simple ingredients coming together to create a delicious family meal.
- 250g dried pasta of your choice
- 125g streaky bacon, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 2 courgettes, diced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ⅓ cup creme fraiche or sour cream
- 120g bag baby spinach
- Freshly chopped chives and parmesan, to garnish
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta as per pack instruction, reserving ½ cup of the cooking liquid once cooked.
- While the pasta is cooking, place a heavy based frying pan over a medium heat. Add the bacon and allow the fat to render while the pan is coming to temperature, stirring occasionally. Once sizzling, cook for 2-3 minutes or until the bacon begins to crisp.
- Add the garlic and courgettes to the pan, and stir while cooking for 1-2 minutes to allow the courgettes to soften. Pour the reserved cooking liquid into the pan, then add the lemon zest and creme fraiche.
- Stir until all ingredients are completely incorporated, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the cooked pasta and baby spinach to the pan, and fold through the sauce.
- Garnish the pasta with chopped chives and parmesan if desired, then serve and enjoy while hot.