- 2 heads broccoli, cut into florets
- ½ cup Pams Walnut Halves
- 1 lemon, zested & juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan
- 1 large handful basil
- 350g dried pasta
- 6 rashers Pams Streaky Bacon, diced
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and add the broccoli. Cook for 4 minutes, then using tongs or a slotted spoon, transfer to a food processor, leaving the water on the stove to cook your pasta.
- Place the walnuts in a small pan over medium heat and toast until fragrant. Add to the food processor with the lemon, garlic, parmesan, basil and a good glug of olive oil. Season well with salt and pepper, then process until well combined.
- Return the water to the boil and cook your pasta as per packet instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a drizzle of oil in a large fry pan over a medium-high heat. Cook the diced bacon until crisp and golden.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of pasta water. Toss the pasta through the broccoli pesto. If it’s too thick, add a splash of pasta water a little at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
- Top with the crispy bacon and serve immediately.
Delicious and versatile, this pesto recipe is great as a salad dressing or on homemade pizza. It even works great when doubled and popped in the fridge!