Pork sausage and pear cassoulet
Our quick take on a classic French stew is packed with flavour and will become your newest go-to comfort meal. Tender pork sausages, delicate pear, herbs and cannellini beans come together for a scrumptious dinner option. Bon appétit!
- 6 pork sausages
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 2 Tbsp Pams Plain Flour
- 400ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 400g tin Pams Cannellini Beans, drained
- 1 large pear, cut into wedges
- ½ cup cream
- In a frying pan, brown the sausages on all sides with a drizzle of olive oil, then remove them from the pan and set them aside.
- Add the onion, garlic and mixed herbs to the pan with another light drizzle of oil, and sauté until softened. Stir in the flour and cook for a minute, then stir in the chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
- Return the sausages to the pan and add the cannellini beans. Simmer on low for 5 minutes, then nestle in the pear wedges and simmer for a final 20 minutes.
- Season the cassoulet with salt and pepper, then stir in the cream. Serve while hot.Shape
Top tip: Scoop up the delicious sauce with fresh, crusty bread, and serve with a side of green beans for the perfect, levelled-up comfort meal.