Thai-inspired beef salad with chilli lime dressing
Combining fresh herbs, cool cucumber and succulent beef, this salad will take you on a trip to Thailand without ever leaving your home. On the table in just 30 minutes, it’s a great alternative to ordering a takeaway from your local Thai restaurant!
- 150g vermicelli rice noodles or flat rice noodles
- 400g rump steak
- 1 cucumber, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 50g snow peas, blanched and sliced
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- ¼ cup coriander leaves, to serve
- ¼ cup mint leaves, to serve
Chilli lime dressing:
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons Pams Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- To prepare the dressing, place the lime juice, fish sauce, palm sugar, sweet chilli sauce, chilli and garlic in a small bowl. Mix well to combine then set aside.
- Prepare the noodles according to packet directions. Drain and rinse then set aside.
- Preheat a barbecue or chargrill pan over medium-high heat. Cook the steak for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove from the heat, cover with foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Place the cooked noodles, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, snow peas and spring onions in a bowl or on a platter.
- Slice the beef thinly across the grain and add to the noodles and vegetables. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss gently to combine. Sprinkle with the peanuts and garnish with coriander and mint to serve.