Fancy making your own sushi but don’t know how? Then give this recipe a go. Easy and tasty – you’ll make again and again!
View the method
- 1 ½ cups sushi rice
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp sushi vinegar
- 4 sheets nori
- 1 bamboo sushi mat
- 160g can Wattie's Chicken with Lite Mayo
- 1 avocado, halved, stoned, peeled and chopped
- 1 small carrot, cut into thin strips
- wasabi, pickled ginger, and soy sauce to serve
Back to ingredients
- Put rice in a sieve and wash thoroughly under cold water .Place in a saucepan with 2½ cups of cold water and ½ teaspoon of salt. Bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 12 minutes. Remove from the heat and stand for 10 minutes with the lid on. Carefully stir through the sushi vinegar and transfer to a tray to cool.
- Place a sheet of nori, shiny side down with the lines running horizontally, on a bamboo sushi mat. With wet hands, spread about 2 handfuls of rice over the nori, leaving one edge with a 2cm strip free of rice.
- Place Wattie’s Chicken with Lite Mayo down the centre of the rice and arrange avocado and carrot strips on top.
- Using the bamboo mat as a guide, roll the sushi away from you to firmly enclose filling. Wrap in cling film and chill for 30 minutes. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Slice and serve with wasabi, pickled ginger and soy sauce