Whole-grain no-bake granola bars
Chocka with seeds and grains and sweetened with peanut butter and honey, picky kids will love these. They taste great warm or cold out of the fridge. Portable and packed with nutrition these bars are perfect for families on the go!
- Lunch box
- 2 cups puffed brown rice cereal (unsweetened)
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup roasted almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup dried fruit, chopped
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup or 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip (optional)
- Combine cereal, oats, nuts, seeds, coconut and fruit in a large mixing bowl.
- Heat the peanut butter, syrup, and vanilla in a small sauce pan until warm. Do not boil.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the cereal mixture. Mix well while syrup is still warm. I use my hands as they are the best tool for this mixing job!
- Pour mixture into a 9x13 pan.
- Pack the mixture down firmly with moist fingers or the bottom of another 9x13 pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- The chocolate lover should sprinkle on the mini chocolate chips at this point and press them in firmly.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into 24 bars, wrap individually and store in fridge.