Terms and conditions
1. Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these and any other applicable terms and conditions.
2. The Promoter of this competition is LS and NJ McKenzie Limited (New World).
Promotion Period and how to enter
3. The competition commences on 16 September 2019 and runs until close of trade on 4 October 2019 (Promotion Period).
4. You will receive one entry in the draw when you submit an Eligible Artwork (defined below) during the Promotion Period at New World Cambridge in store only.
5. An Eligible Artwork means:
a. An artwork that has a summer theme that represents Cambridge;
b. The artwork must be an original idea and not infringe any other intellectual property rights; and only use four colours.
c. The artwork must be on the prescribed entry form which can be collected from the lotto counter at New World Cambridge.
6. You need to place your name and phone number on the entry form and put your completed entry form in the entry box during the Promotion Period and you’re in the draw.
Eligibility to enter and to win a prize
7. To be eligible to enter this competition and win a prize:
(a) you cannot be a New World staff member;
(b) you must have submitted an Eligible Artwork during the Promotion Period;
(c) you must consent to New World using your name, photo, hometown and image for publicity and promotional purposes (including the display of your name in store) and you must make yourself available for publicity photographs relating to the competition on request for no additional compensation; and
(d) you must agree that if you win this promotion New World will own all intellectual property rights in the winning Eligible Artwork and therefore is entitled to modify the Eligible Artwork in any manner that is required for the purpose of printing the image on the New World shopping bag.
8. The winner will be drawn by New World by 8 October 2019.
9. The winner will receive the following:
a. The winners Eligible Artwork will be printed on one side of a limited edition New World Cambridge shopping bag;
b. a $500 New World gift card
If prize becomes unavailable
10. Subject to any applicable law that cannot be excluded, New World is not responsible or liable for any loss suffered by any entrant in the event that a prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond its control. In this event, New World may substitute a prize of its choice.
11. Winners will be notified by New World once a draw has been completed within 5 working days of the draw, via the contact details on record for the entry form used to enter the competition. In the event that a winner cannot be contacted within 2 working days of a draw occurring or if New World determines that a winner is not eligible to participate in a draw the prize will be forfeited, a further draw will be conducted and the prize allocated to the new winner.
12. New World is not responsible if a winner cannot be contacted following the draw due to incorrect or out of date contact details on the entry form, and any such winner will forfeit the prize to the next eligible winner, on these Terms and Conditions.
13. For collection in store, prize winner(s) must collect at New World Cambridge. If prize winner(s) are unable to collect from New World Cambridge store, within the collection period stated, a further draw may be conducted and the prize allocated to a new winner.
14. Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or negotiable and are not redeemable for cash.
15. If a winner is under 18 years of age, at New World’s sole discretion, their parent or legal guardian who is 18 years of age or older, may be asked to sign an acknowledgement of their agreement to these Terms and Conditions, or, the prize may be awarded to another winner.
Verifying compliance with these terms
16. New World reserves the right to verify the identity of any entrant (including an entrant's identity, age, city/town of residence and place of employment) and to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry or refuse to award a prize where false or misleading details have been given by an entrant, or an entrant has behaved in a fraudulent or dishonest manner, or otherwise than in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Exclusion of liability
17. Subject to any applicable laws which cannot be excluded New World, its employees and agents will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature incurred or suffered by any person (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss or loss arising from negligence) arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with this competition or with winning, redeeming or benefiting from the prize.
18. In the event of a dispute concerning any aspect of the competition including eligibility the decision of New World will be final. No correspondence concerning any decision made by New World will be entered into.
19. New World reserves the right to amend, suspend or terminate the competition and these Terms and Conditions at any time.
20. All entries remain the property of New World. All personal information will be collected and stored by New World in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993. You have the right to access your personal information and request correction of any errors in it pursuant to the Privacy Act 1993.
Any questions regarding this competition or promotion contact New World Cambridge on 07 8277533 or [email protected]