Be in to win a Monster Energy Merch Pack
Terms and conditions
1. Entry into this Monster Merchandise Pack promotion (Promotion) is deemed acceptance of these and any other Clubcard applicable terms and conditions. For reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, it may be necessary for the Promoter to amend or include additional terms and conditions. Any amendments or additional terms and conditions will be posted at www.newworld.co.nz and participating New World stores.
2. The Promoter of this Promotion is Foodstuffs (NZ) Limited (Foodstuffs) and Coca-Cola Amatil (N.Z.) Limited, The Oasis, Mt Wellington, Auckland (CCA), jointly the Promoter.
3. Monster Energy AU Pty Ltd is not the promoter of the Promotion. The Monster Energy brand names, logos and/or materials are used for the purposes of the Promotion and/or the Prize descriptions only and such use is not intended to suggest or imply Monster Energy AU Pty Ltd’s sponsorship of this Promotion.
4. There are 50 Monster Energy Merchandise Packs to be won. Each pack comprises one Monster Energy New Era Backpack with Cap Protector, one Skate Board Element Nyjah Limited Edition Complete Deck, one pair of Monster Energy Socks and one Monster Energy New Era Snapback Cap (each, a Prize). Winners will not have a choice as to size or colour. The total Prize pool is valued at $18,000. Products within the Prize are unavailable for purchase in any store so this value is an estimate only.
5. The Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
Promotion Period and how to enter
6. The Promotion commences at 12.01am on 01/02/2021 and runs until 11.59pm on 28/02/2021 (Promotion Period). No entries will be accepted outside of the Promotion Period.
7. During the Promotion Period, you will receive one entry into the draw each time you purchase any two x 500ml Monster Energy Products in one transaction from any participating New World Supermarket and scan your Clubcard instore at the time of payment, or when you enter your Clubcard details before the time of payment for I shop purchases made online at www.ishopnewworld.co.nz (Eligible Purchase). For the purpose of this Promotion, participating stores are New World Supermarkets and www.ishopnewworld.co.nz, including Shoprite Inglewood (Participating Stores) but excluding Fresh Collective by New World stores.
8. When your Clubcard is scanned or entered (in the case of I shop purchases) in connection with an Eligible Purchase you will automatically be entered into the Prize draw. Entries will not be accepted on a retrospective basis after the time of purchase.
9. If an entry is made by a secondary card holder scanning that Clubcard, the entry will be made in the name of the primary holder of the Clubcard.
Eligibility to enter and to win the Prize
10. To be eligible to enter this Promotion and win a Prize:
a) you cannot be a New World or Clubcard staff member;
b) you must have made an Eligible Purchase and scanned (or entered online) your Clubcard at the time of purchase;
c) you must be 18+ years of age and a New Zealand resident;
d) you must be a current Clubcard member; and
e) you must consent to the Promoter using your name, photo, hometown and image for publicity and promotional purposes (including the display of your name in store) and you must make yourself available for publicity photographs relating to the Promotion on request for no additional compensation.
11. Winners may be required to show proof of age, address and Clubcard membership to verify eligibility. The Promoter’s decision as to eligibility will be final.
How winners will be selected
12. The Prize winners will be drawn by Loyalty New Zealand Limited (Loyalty) on behalf of the Promoter on 11/03/2021 by random electronic selection from all valid entries. The first 50 eligible entries drawn will win a Prize.
13. Subject to any applicable law that cannot be excluded, the Promoter is not responsible or liable for any loss suffered by any entrant in the event that the Prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond its reasonable control. In this event, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize for a prize of equal or greater cash value.
14. The Promoter will make reasonable efforts to contact the winners within 5 working days of the draw, via the contact details on record for the Clubcard used to enter the Promotion (or the primary Clubcard card holder if a secondary card was used). In the event that a winner cannot be contacted within 7 working days of the draw occurring or if the Promoter determines that a winner is not eligible to participate in the draw, the Prize will be forfeited, a further draw will be conducted, and the Prize allocated to the next valid entry drawn from all remaining entries.
15. The Promoter is not responsible if a winner cannot be contacted following the draw due to incorrect or out of date contact details being recorded in the Clubcard’s system, and any such winner will forfeit the Prize to the next eligible winner, on these Terms and Conditions.
16. Each Prize will be delivered to any address as nominated by each winner provided it is within New Zealand.
Verifying compliance with these terms
17. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the identity of any entrant (including an entrant's identity, age, city/town of residence and place of employment) and to verify the validity of entries, and to disqualify any entry or refuse to award the Prize where false or misleading details have been given by an entrant, or an entrant has behaved in a fraudulent or dishonest manner, or otherwise than in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Exclusion of liability
18. Subject to any applicable laws which cannot be excluded, the Promoter (jointly or severally), any Participating Store, their respective employees and agents will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature incurred or suffered by any person (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss or loss arising from negligence) arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with the Promotion or with winning, redeeming or benefiting from the Prize.
19. If the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, acts or omissions of third parties, technical failures, governmental restraint, order or regulation or anything which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion. Any cancellation, termination, modification or suspension of the Promotion will be notified on the New World website at www.newworld.co.nz .
20. In the event of a dispute concerning any aspect of the Promotion, including eligibility, the decision of the Promoter will be final. No correspondence concerning any decision made by the Promoter will be entered into.
21. In addition to these Terms and Conditions, the Clubcard terms and conditions will also apply and can be viewed at www.clubcard.co.nz. The winners have rights under the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 which cannot be excluded or limited by the Promoter. These rights include statutory guarantees that any goods provided by the Promoter will be of acceptable quality and fit for purpose, and that any services provided by the Promoter will be rendered with due care and skill. These Terms and Conditions do not, and do not intend to, exclude or limit those statutory rights in any way. However, to the extent that is permitted by law to do so, the Promoter makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, under laws other than the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 regarding the quality or suitability of the Prize awarded as part of this Promotion and will not be responsible for breach of such representations or warranties.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, suspend or terminate the Promotion and these Terms and Conditions at any time for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and wherever possible such amended terms and conditions will be displayed at participating New World Supermarkets or online at www.newworld.co.nz.
23. If any of these Terms and Conditions are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then the remaining terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
24. The Promoter’s failure to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision by the Promoter.
25. Any tax which the winner may be required to pay on the Prize under New Zealand law or the law of any other jurisdiction shall be the responsibility of the winner. The Promoter is not responsible for any tax implications arising from you winning the Prize. You should seek independent financial advice.
26. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of New Zealand.
28. For further information or questions regarding this Promotion email [email protected]