New World Kaiapoi online launch competition
Terms and conditions
1. Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these and any other applicable terms and conditions. This competition may have additional terms and conditions and wherever possible the additional terms and conditions will be posted at www.newworld.co.nz.
2. The Promoter of this competition is Foodstuffs (N.Z.) Limited (Foodstuffs).
Promotion Period and how to enter
3. The competition commences on 9 July 2021 and runs until close of trade on 16 July 2021 (Promotion Period).
4. To enter the competition, you must be invited to complete a short survey in a New World Clubcard email regarding Online shopping and submit your answer to the survey. You must submit your response to the survey before the end of the Promotion Period. Maximum of one entry per Clubcard account (Eligible Entry).
5. Incomplete or invalid entries or those not submitted in accordance with the entry instructions will not be accepted. The Promoters accept no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries.
6. If there are multiple entries linked to a Clubcard account, all submitted entries that are linked to that Clubcard account may be deemed invalid at Foodstuffs’ sole discretion and excluded from the competition.
Eligibility to enter and to win a prize
7. To be eligible to enter this competition and win a prize:
a. you cannot be a New World or Foodstuffs staff member;
b. you must make an Eligible Entry;
c. you must be 18 years of age or older;
d. you must be a current New World Clubcard member;
e. you consent to Foodstuffs using your name, photo, hometown and image for publicity and promotional purposes (including the display of your name in store) and you must make yourself available for publicity photographs relating to the competition on request for no additional compensation.
8. If you are unable to satisfy any of the requirements in clauses 7(a)-(e) and you submit an entry to the competition, you will be ineligible to win a prize.
How winners will be selected
9. The prize winner will be drawn by Foodstuffs on 19 July 2021 by random electronic selection from all Eligible Entries. The first eligible winner drawn will win an Online shopping order of their selection up to a maximum value of $250 (Prize). If the winner selects alcohol products in their Online shopping order, the total value of any alcohol products cannot exceed $50. The following products cannot be selected by the winner as part of the Prize:
a. Tobacco, cigarettes, or vape products;
b. Phone cards and top-ups;
c. Gift cards including Prezzy Cards;
e. Christmas Club top-ups;
10. Foodstuffs will contact the winner as detailed in clause 10 to confirm their win and the let them know of the process of redemption for the Prize.
11. The winner will be notified by Foodstuffs or its agent once a draw has been completed within 5 working days of the draw, via the contact details on record for the Clubcard used to enter the competition. In the event that the winner cannot be contacted within 7 working days of the draw occurring or if Foodstuffs determines that the winner is not eligible to participate in a draw the prize will be forfeited. A further draw will then be conducted and the prize allocated to the new winner, on these Terms and Conditions.
12. Foodstuffs is not responsible if a winner cannot be contacted following the draw due to incorrect or out of date contact details being recorded on your Clubcard account, and any such winner will forfeit the prize to the next eligible winner, on these Terms and Conditions.
13. The Prize is not transferable, exchangeable or negotiable and is not redeemable for cash.
14. The Prize must be redeemed by 16 August 2021. If the Prize is not redeemed by this date, it will be forfeited by the winner.
15. In addition to these competition terms and conditions, New World Clubcard terms and conditions also apply to this competition. In the event of any conflict of terms, these competition terms and conditions will take priority.
Verifying compliance with these terms
16. Foodstuffs reserves the right to verify the identity of any entrant (including an entrant's identity, age, city/town of residence and place of employment) and to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry or refuse to award a prize where false or misleading details have been given by an entrant, or an entrant has behaved in a fraudulent or dishonest manner, or otherwise than in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Exclusion of liability
17. Subject to any applicable laws which cannot be excluded, Foodstuffs, any Participating Store, their respective employees and agents will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature incurred or suffered by any person (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss or loss arising from negligence) arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with this competition or with winning, redeeming or benefiting from the prize.
18. In the event of a dispute concerning any aspect of the competition including eligibility the decision of Foodstuffs will be final. No correspondence concerning any decision made by Foodstuffs will be entered into.
Amendment of terms
19. Foodstuffs reserves the right to amend, suspend or terminate the competition and these Terms and Conditions at any time and at its sole discretion
21. Any questions relating to this competition should be referred to the New World Marketing Department, Foodstuffs New Zealand, PO Box 27480, Auckland 1440 or phone the Clubcard Helpline on 0800 80 70 70 or contact us here.