Win $500 worth of free groceries with the Otago Daily Times
Terms and Conditions
1. By Entering this competition you automatically consent to the following terms and conditions.
2. The competition begins at 6am on Monday the 17th of August 2020, and closes at midnight on Sunday 27th September 2020. No entries will be accepted after this cut off time.
Entries and Entry Mechanism
3. Entry to this competition is via New World Clubcard. Swipe your New World Clubcard when purchasing a copy of the Otago Daily Times from any participating New World store to enter.
4. Only those who purchase a copy of the Otago Daily Times AND swipe their New World Clubcard will be entered into the draw.
5. The promoter takes no responsibility for late or incorrect/incomplete entries.
6. The promoter reserves the right to exclude any entries that they believe to be in breach of any of the stated Terms and Conditions of entry.
7. Allied Press, and New World South Island employees and their immediate families are excluded from entering.
8. One "entry" is counted as one transaction. If multiple copies or the ODT are purchased in the one transaction, it will count as one entry.
9. Store supplies of the Otago Daily Times will be increased over the competition period, however, if New World runs out of stock, the promoter accepts no responsibility for missed entry opportunity.
10. Winners will be contacted using the data connected to their New World Clubcard (Phone and email).
11. Entrants should ensure that the details held on this database are correct. To update or check your details are correct, please visit https://www.clubcard.co.nz/
12. If winners are not contactable within 48 hours, the competition will be redrawn. If any redrawn winner is not immediately contactable, the promoter may immediately conduct a further redraw, and is under no obligation to wait any period of time before conducting any further redraw.
13. By entering the competition you agree to having your name and images used for publicity purposes, without compensation, and agrees that the promoter will own the copyright in any such images and photographs and in all material incorporating the photographs.
14. The promoter may, where appropriate film the Grocery Grab, and this may be used at a later date for promotional marketing purposes. By entering this competition, you are permitting this footage to be used.
15. The prize is a Grocery Grab with a maximum retail value of $500.
16. A "Grocery Grab" means that the winner will have 5 minutes to grab $500 worth of grocery items. At the end of the 5 minute period, the winner will be entitled to the groceries in the trolley (excluding tobacco, alcohol, health and beauty products, CD's, DVD's, and electrical goods) up to a maximum value of $500.
17. Should the winner not reach the $500 threshold within the allocated time, the promoter may exercise discretion to see that the full value of the prize is realised. Should the maximum value be exceeded, the customer will be given the choice of paying the difference themselves, or removing items until they are within the nominated limit.
18. The trolley must be controlled by the winner, or a nominated person over the age of 16 years of age.
19. There is one prize to be won per participating store.
20. The grocery grab will be arranged at a time to suit the store hosting the event.
21. The prize is not transferable, and may not be exchanged for cash or any Allied Press products.
22. The "Grocery Grab", will be reported on by the local Allied Press Community Newspaper, with a story and photo to appear in said newspaper after the event.
23. Should the "Grocery Grab" not be able to proceed for any reason outside of the promoters control, an alternative date will be arranged between the store, the promoter and the prize winner.
24. The promoter, and it's subsidiaries accept no responsibility for any taxation implications of this prize.
25. Prize winners will have until 30 November 2020 to redeem their prize. If the prize has not been redeemed by this date, the prize will be considered forfeited, and the promoter may instead offer the prize to a local charity.
26. Subject to any applicable laws which cannot be excluded, Foodstuffs, any Participating Store, their respective employees and agents will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature incurred or suffered by any person (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss or loss arising from negligence) arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with this competition or with winning, redeeming or benefiting from the prize.
27. Prize winners will be required to complete an Indemnity form prior to undertaking their "Grocery Grab", in relation to the above clause.
28. The prize will be overseen by a senior member of New World staff. i.e. the Duty Manager or store Owner.
29. The promoter is Allied Press, PO Box 517 Dunedin, (03) 479 3555, [email protected]
30. The promoter reserves the right to contact competition participants and winners, now and in the future, for marketing and promotional purposes.
31. All entries remain the property of Allied Press Limited. You have the right to access your personal information and request correction of any errors in it pursuant to the Privacy Act 1993. Entrants' personal information may be used to conduct this competition and for future promotional and publicity purposes in accordance with the terms and conditions of this competition. By entering this competition entrants consent to the use of their information as described above.
32. By failing to comply with any of these Terms and Conditions, you may risk the forfeiture of your prize.
33. The promoter reserves the right to amend, suspend or terminate the competition and these terms and conditions at any time.
34. The results are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
35. Winners can only be awarded one prize. If a winner is drawn for any additional prize, the prize will be forfeited. A further draw will be conducted, and the prize allocated to a new winner.
36. The promoter reserves the right to verify the identity of any entrant (including an entrant's identity, age, city/town of residence and place of employment) and to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry or refuse to award a prize where false or misleading details have been given by an entrant, or an entrant has behaved in a fraudulent or dishonest manner, or otherwise than in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
37. Any questions about this competition can be directed to Allied Press Limited. [email protected]
Participating New World stores.
New World Windsor- 51 Windsor Street, Invercargill;
New World Elles Road- 244 Elles Road, Invercargill;
New World Winton- 293 North Road, Winton;
New World Gore- 2/8 Irk Street, Gore;
New World Balclutha- 9 Lanark St, Balclutha;
New World Alexandra- 89 Centennial Ave- Alexandra;
New World Cromwell- 2 Murray Terrace- Cromwell;
New World Wanaka- 20 Dunmore Street, Wanaka;
New World Three Parks- 83 Sir Tim Wallis Drive, Wanaka;
New World Wakatipu- 1/12 Hawthorne Drive, Queenstown;
New World Mosgiel- 10 Hartstonge Ave, Mosgiel;
New World Centre City- 133 Great King Street, Dunedin;
New World Gardens- 17 Opoho Road, Dunedin;
New World Oamaru- 72 Wansbeck Street, Oamaru;
New World Northside- 402 Thames Highway, Oamaru;
New World Waimate- 95 Queen Street, Oamaru;
New World Timaru- 145 Wai-iti Road, Timaru;
New World Temuka- 185 King Street, Temuka;
New World Ashburton- 75 Moore Street, Ashburton;
New World Rolleston- 92 Rolleston Drive, Rolleston;
New World Wigram- 51 Skyhawke Road, Wigram;
New World Halswell- 346 Halswell Road, Halswell;
New World Durham- 175 Durham Street, Christchurch;
New World St Martins- 92 Wilsons Road, Christchurch;
New World Stanmore- 288 Stanmore Road, Christchurch;
New World Fendalton- 19 Memorial Ave, Christchurch;
New World Bishopdale- Harewood Rd, Christchurch;
New World Ilam- 47 Peer Street, Christchurch