Braised beef with carrot, parsnip and potato - stage 2 baby food
Introducing beef into your baby’s diet is important as a source of iron. The sweet root vegetables and smooth meat texture make this casserole a winner.
- Baby food
- 30g butter
- 125g leeks, white part only, sliced
- 175g diced lean beef 150g carrots, peeled and chopped
- 125g parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 250g potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 450ml unsalted beef or chicken stock, or water
- Heat the butter in a saucepan, add the leeks and cook for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the beef and cook until browned.
- Add the carrots, parsnips and potatoes to the pan, pour over the stock or water and bring the mixture to the boil.
- Either transfer the pan to an oven heated to 180oC, or simmer on the stovetop, and cook for 1½ hours or until the meat is soft. (If cooking on the stovetop, check the water level occasionally and top up if necessary).
- Using some of the cooking water blend to a purée to the appropriate consistency.