Chicken casserole - stage 2 baby food
Chicken is a nice, mild tasting meat that adds vital nutrients to your baby’s diet. You can make a bigger batch and remove your baby’s portion and some for freezing, then add seasoning and serve to the rest of the family.
- Baby food
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil 100g carrots, peeled and chopped
- 60g leeks, white part only, sliced
- 75g chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 250g potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 75g parsnips, peeled and chopped
- Warm the oil in a saucepan.
- Add the carrots and leeks and cook for about 6 minutes until softened.
- Add the chicken and cook until sealed.
- Add the potatoes and parsnips and just cover with boiling water.
- Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until everything is tender and cooked through.
- Using some of the cooking water blend to a purée to the appropriate consistency.
Suitable for freezing.