Peach or nectarine puree - stage 1 baby food
If your fruit hasn’t ripened to a soft enough texture for puréeing, you can cook it for a few minutes. The cooking draws out the natural sweetness and gives a different flavour to the raw fruit.
- 125g Minced meat
- 1 Onion
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Zucchini
- 2 Tablespoons tomato purée
- 100ml Water
- Small pasta shapes
- You can either purée these fruits when raw or cook them.
- To cook, peel and remove the stone then cut into even sized pieces.
- Put in a saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring water to the boil and cook over a low heat until tender - around 4 to 6 minutes.
- Blend the cooked fruit with a little of the cooking water to make a smooth purée.
Not suitable for freezing.