Cheese and Tomato Pinwheel Scones
This is the ultimate pinwheel recipe! The scone dough makes these pinwheels so soft and the Wattie’s 50% Less Sugar* Tomato Sauce (* (Compared to regular Wattie’s Tomato Sauce 565g.) makes them incredibly moreish! This is sure to be a hit with the kids.
- 3 cups self-raising flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup soda water
- ½ cup Wattie's 50% Less Sugar* Tomato Sauce EZ Squeeze
- 50g ham, chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C (fan bake).
- Sift self-raising flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Stir in 1 cup of the grated cheese. Pour in milk and soda water and mix to form a soft dough.
- Turn dough onto a floured board and roll out to a rectangle 1cm thick (approx. 30cm x 40 cm).
- Spread Wattie’s 50% Less Sugar* Tomato Sauce over the dough to within 1cm of the edges. Sprinkle over remaining grated cheese, chopped ham and spring onions.
- Gently roll from the long side to make a pinwheel. Cut into 12 pieces. Place close together, cut side up on a greased baking tray. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and cooked. Serve warm.