Easy bacon and egg slice
With just four ingredients this slice is so simple to make, and it’s a twist on the traditional bacon and egg pie. For the perfect mouthful every time, simply spread tomato sauce directly onto the base before cooking. For tomato sauce lovers don’t forget to serve extra on the side!
- 2 sheets ready rolled savory short pastry
- ½ cup Wattie's Tomato Sauce 50% Less Sugar
- 6 rashers streaky bacon
- 6 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Re-roll the pastry and line the base and sides of a Swiss roll tray (approx 22cm x 30cm or to suit), allowing the pastry to come over the sides. Prick the base of the pastry with a fork. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Bake the pastry base for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow the pastry to cool. Reduce the oven temperature to 180°C.
- Spread Wattie's Tomato Sauce 50% Less Sugar over the cooked pastry base. Lay the streaky bacon over the sauce. Break the eggs into the pastry case and break the yolks gently with a fork. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the eggs are set and pastry golden. Slice and serve warm.